Coming around to starboard ...

>> Tuesday, September 2, 2008


It has been one of those days. One of dh's generous good friends volunteered to build two decks for us. Basically, there was a misunderstanding regarding the dimensions of the side deck and it seemed as if they could never get in touch with one another to clarify anything. In turn, I became the liaison. As grace would have seen fit, dh arrived home early enough that they were able to discuss the projects and work on the first deck together. Talk about a sigh of relief! It has been nerve wracking up until today.


I know there are statements regarding how men and women miscommunicate, but for those who like to advocate that theory, forget it. LoL! Amongst themselves, men may share that lack of understanding they're attempting to convey to the other. Despite my insistence to both of them, neither one would call or e-mail the other to clarify the deck projects. I admit that I'll tease my dh from time to time, telling him he's worse than a woman when it comes to certain issues. He truly is my rock. There is no doubt about that fact. I simply find it ironic that I can be straightforward on my approach, whereas he may hedge on the same issue. My guess is that it appears to depend on the topic and the level of confidence, for he and I flip-flop on our approach to whatever the issue may be.


We've been together for about three years and I'm positive there is so much more that I'll learn about him in the years to come. I know any relationship has its ups and downs, so I'm prepared to adjust my sails as the wind blows.




"Pessimists curse the wind, optimists hope the wind will change, and realists adjust their sails." -- Unknown

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP