First Class ...

>> Sunday, September 28, 2008

This weekend flew by in a flash. During the week, the daily routine definitely appears to be on automatic pilot until Friday afternoon suddenly looms up. At a much younger age (early to mid 20's), I thoroughly enjoyed going out on the weekends; however, in my 40's, even when the economy was on an even keel, I never found shopping that appealing. Anytime I go with dh to the store, I hurry with the list in hand. From time to time, he will ask me if I'd like to go with him and I'll relent, shamefully realizing that I don't spend a lot of time with him outside of the house. The majority of the time I'm traveling back and forth to work during the week. As soon as I arrive home, shoes and clothes are flying as I quickly don the comfy lounge pants and one of dh's old frayed t-shirts, with no intent of leaving the cozy retreat for the evening. While I'm settling in, dh already has dinner on the stove (or about to begin). Yep, he definitely needs a grand Christmas gift for all he does. LoL!

Dh doesn't seem to blink an eye in terms of helping in the kitchen. He's a rock when it comes to responsibility. If I was still single, jeez, there would be no "square" meal. Well, there would be one in a manner of speaking - a sandwich. LoL! The majority of the time I'd prepare microwaveable meals or sandwiches, unlike dh, who always fixes meat and vegetables. He's actually making chili for the first time tonight. After asking me how I've prepared it before, I heard him bustling about in the kitchen. Yes, I can cook. There are certain meals I'll prepare from time to time on the weekends that dh may not feel comfortable fixing. I admit that it's nice to be spoiled for a change. LoL! As much as dh helps out, he definitely deserves to be spoiled rotten. Looking at the clock, I suppose it's about that time, so I'm off like a dirty shirt.

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP