Hobbling in ...

>> Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Today, I used muscles which I nearly forgot about. With the exception of a 10-minute break, a 30-minute lunchbreak, and gathering components of items to be mailed, I stood in one spot for the majority of the day. Despite the aches, the activity actually does a world of good. Well, it would have helped if there had been rubber mats to stand on while packaging items - nothing but concrete flooring.

Overall, the training is going smoothly. So far, it's a matter of looking at the order carefully, gathering the items produced for a particular work order, and sorting them into individual bags.

The last half hour of the day had me thinking, "Push through it, Sheila. You can do it." LoL! One of the other women going through training noticed I had looked at the clock and stated to me, "Only half an hour to go. We're almost there." The job will become easier on the muscles in time. I'm too stubborn to allow the job to wear me down (although I did feel as if I was walking on my ankles on the way to the car - LoL!).

I feel as if I should already be in bed since 4 a.m. comes early, so I'm off like a dirty shirt.

~~~

"Accept that all of us can be hurt, that all of us can--and surely will at times--fail. I think we should follow a simple rule: if we can take the worst, take the risk." -- Unknown

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP