Deja Moo ...

>> Sunday, September 7, 2008

If I was a superstitious person, I would venture to think that a cloud of bad luck hovers over me.

On Friday morning, wondering what my work schedule would be, I called to inquire. I had no response from the imaging supervisor. Instead, I received a call from the packaging supervisor, reminding me of my schedule in her department for the upcoming week. Since the HR director knew of what occurred the day before, it was my mistake to assume she had given her the details of the transfer. Needless to say, the supervisor wasn't very pleased, commenting that she wished everyone would fill her in when such things happened. I apologized profusely, feeling like a heel for placing her in such a predicament to find a replacement on such short notice; however, in the back of my mind, the question of the HR supervisor's role in the matter kept surfacing. As usual, I felt the issue was resolved.

During the early afternoon, my MiL(mother-in-law) stopped by to visit and drop off travel gifts for us. As we chatted about their trip, the shrill ring of the phone cut sharply through our conversation, thinking it would be one of those annoying telemarketers. Much to my surprise, it was the HR director. Out of nowhere, the question of confirmation to the packaging department was given, being sure to let me know that I wasn't hired as an imaging technician and the day before was to see how I would perform. At that point, I was in the other room, not wanting anyone to see the disappointment on my face as I kept my voice steady. I found myself telling the HR director I'd be ready to begin in the other department. With that final statement, I thanked her for calling, squared my shoulders, and went back to the other room.

After my MiL left, I told my dh about the phone call. I'm not sure who was more disappointed. Playing the initial conversation over in my mind had me slightly bewildered. I knew what I had been told. "Giving you a chance" did not sound like a trial run, on the contrary, given the conversation, it implied an idea of permanence, personally.

Obviously, I could only conclude the packaging supervisor had contacted the HR director. At this point, I'm hesitant to attach any sort of hunch to the situation; however, the initial thought is the possibility the supervisor may have demanded to have as many hands in her department as necessary. I do know for a fact that when production is in full swing, a lot of people are requested from other departments to work in packaging. She may have overridden my request for the transfer. I'll never actually know what occurred. I can only roll with it and be thankful to have a job, even if it is seasonal. Considering how the matter was handled, I'm quite anxious to remove myself from the self-inflicted punishment while attempting to find something more positive, consistent, and stable. Yes, the majority of the people there are really nice but that trait doesn't provide enough glue to keep the sanity and confidence together.

Keeping my fingers crossed. :oÞ

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP