Shake that load off ...

>> Thursday, September 4, 2008

In regards to an earlier post about my upcoming temp/seasonal job, it appears as if I won't be working in the packaging department afterall. I noticed a posting of an imaging position at that very company in the local paper last week, so talked to the HR director. Since it was so close to Labor Day weekend, I can only guess that she forgot to tell the imaging supervisor of my interest to transfer to his department. I called this morning and she promptly attended to the matter. She called back to tell me that he'd like to give me a chance and asked me if I could come in this afternoon to try it out. I didn't hesitate. LoL!

I had sooooo much fun playing around with Adobe Photoshop. One of the other women, "S", guided me at first then let me loose with a couple of photos, incorporating the use of the "pen" tool. Basically, I was cutting out an image of a person then allowing that image to be pasted onto other predetermined backgrounds. Initially, I was placing too many straight points and attempting to curve, producing a thin bar which will adjust the line. After watching my mentor, I realized I could place the points strategically. Following with points in between the outlying set points within a section and adjusting by clicking on the point and dragging while holding down the ctrl key worked beautifully.

The first attempt was fine with the exception of getting the head slightly pointy and cutting in just a bit too close in places. "S" said I was doing quite well for my first time and wanted to see how I'd do with a more challenging image. The second picture required me to cut away the background in the crook of the arm and the bend of the other as well. Apparently, I surprised "S" because she complimented me on my ability to do a really good job on the second image. I don't think she realized that she made my day with her kind words of encouragement.

While I was working on the images, others were walking by, going about their jobs as usual. Someone walked around the corner from where I was sitting and backed up. I was pleasantly surprised to see it was one of the guys I worked with during the past seasons. He welcomed me back, expressing that he was glad to see me again - very sweet man. We talked for a few minutes (not enough to get in trouble) and went back to our tasks. I think the word was out that I was there, for my former supervisor and one of the female coworkers came back to visit on different occasions. I didn't realize just how much I missed them or the environment. I know my former supervisor had their "moments" raising the voice. I learned rather quickly not to let that get to me and found myself laughing quite often at the cheekiness (just the way they wanted it).

Things are definitely looking up. Dh and his buddy worked on the deck today, so it's partially finished. It's not a big deck whatsoever, so thinking it'll be easily completed in one more day (knock on wood). Quite a relief to see things finally coming together, mentally and physically.

Listening to: Outkast - Liberation

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP