Slumber Lumber Land ...

>> Monday, September 22, 2008

Seldom does it occur but every now and then, I have difficulty nodding off at a decent hour. I have to admit that I'm slightly envious of my dh for that matter. He clearly possesses the ability to nod off quicker than you can say 'insomnia'. There is one drawback for the both of us. We snore. LoL! I admit that I'd try to convince myself the guttaral cacophony was due to an ailment or being overworked. In actuality, I definitely snore more frequently now as opposed to my young adult years.

I think I inherited a trait from my mom as well. Settling into her cozy spot on the couch, she'd clearly be excited about watching a good movie. Engrossed in the plot, it never failed that approximately fifteen minutes into the viewing, I'd hear her snort. Glancing over, she would bolt upright and her eyes would widen as she asked, "What was that?" LoL! She was simply quite comfortable that sleep overtook her. Up until about a couple of years ago, I've caught myself relenting to watching the backs of my eyelids, only to be woken up with a light snore resonating through my nose. I know what's going on, so won't even venture to ask my dh. LoL! We have a couch which has a recliner at both ends. Lifting the footrest is second nature. I dare to say that snoring is becoming part of that exercise. Due to the rapid decline in temperature, autumn has clearly begun in the Northwest. Blankets have been brought out of storage and washed, ready for use on the couch - another cozy comfort for the cooler months ahead. LoL!

At this point, I think I'm relaxed enough to retire for the night. Off to snuggle and place my cool feet on dh's legs a.k.a. The Heaters. ;o)

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP