Don't dream it's over ...

>> Monday, November 3, 2008






Considering the massive amount of smear campaigns in the media over the past few weeks, I've been quite ready for this election to come to an end the moment it began. Car salesmen and politicians belong in one group, the blowhards. When their mouths are moving, they're lying.

I admit that I haven't voted in an election for at least 10 years. My basis for this conscious choice is rooted in the fact the electoral college exists. While surfing, I found an interesting article which demystifies the process and clarifies the apathetic perception some of us exhibit during election time.

Bratek states, "if large states that have many votes in the college all vote for one candidate, even if that candidate won only by a small majority, the voting process is weighed down by votes that may not reflect everyone’s views."

She also points out this has occurred more than once. This is how George W. Bush became the "resident-in-thief".

Personally, I think the eradication of the electoral college would be an affirmation of being on the right democratic path. Yes, I know it sounds like an oxymoron but I can't help but think the act might mold some into honest politicians.




Get rid of the Electoral College

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP